Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crazy Week to say the Least

Well, its been a CRAZY week to say the least. It started out with a trip to SLC for a doctor appointment. It all went well and we hung around for awhile to shop and eat and then headed home. As soon as we got home we went out for a lovely dinner with my family at the Pizza Factory. It was my Dads and Beth's birthday and we celebrated with pizza, cake, and ice cream. It was a lot of fun, but by the end of the day we were exhausted. It was both Derek and my last week of school so it was busy with a lot of things going on.

Well, all was going well and we were all keeping busy when I got very very sick on Wednesday. It got progressively worse through the day and I ended up in the emergency room. We spent about 6 hours there and they did several tests on me trying to figure out what was going on. We finally went home at 3 AM and went home with some for sure answers and a few unanswered questions of what was still going on. After a few more doctors appointments the next day and a long day of being doubled over in pain and not being able to walk very well we finally found out what happened to me. I had a cyst rupture and the blood from the rupture traveled up to my gallbladder and really made it infected and inflamed which was causing me such sharp horrible pain. I felt horrible. I was so sick I didn't get to go to the last day of school to say goodbye to my kids. I basically just laid in bed for 2 days and if I was in the just right position I could handle it and start to relax. They put me on a liquid diet for a couple of days to help my body get back to normal. I slowly got back into normal food and now all is going well, but man was that a long couple days, not only for me, but for Derek and my Mom who both took such good care of me and stayed with me through the night in the emergency.

To accompany all this, we moved all our main furniture (including bed, piano, and couches) to our new apartment. Since I was no help the Paynes and my Dad were nice enough to come help Derek get it all taken care of. Since then we have basically been camping out in our house sleeping on a mattress in our empty front room. Its chaotic and crazy at our apartment and very empty but we are happy to start moving things over bit by bit so its not so overwhelming to move all in one day. We are excited for a new place. Here are some pictures of me resting in bed for recovery in our very empty camp like apartment.


To end the week of craziness we had a family reunion with Derek's mom's side of the family...the Rose family reunion. We had fun visiting and driving through the little town of Henriville. We heard some fun storied from Derek's grandma and ate some good food. The Rose family reunion last year was my first family function I had been to of Dereks and about a week and a half later we were engaged. Its hard to believe that was only a year ago. Time flies. Here are some pictures from our Rose reunion adventures.




This fine picture is Alan catching us in our finest moments, it was too good to pass up putting on the blog.


Well that about sums up our long week of craziness. We are about to start another long week of moving into our new apartment, but it will be a good one. That's all folks. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment