Sunday, June 3, 2012

Moving, Farming, and Herbert

This week I, Derek, will be posting on the blog. Why? I don't really know.

New things that happened this week include moving and planting a garden. We'll start off with the moving. Over the course of this past week we moved from our old place into our new place, and I'll say that moving over the course of a week is much less stressful than moving everything all at once in one day. We received help from my family as well as Bib's in moving the various items, and we are grateful for that help. We've now got everything moved in, organized, and lookin' good. We even had my family over for a little dinner so they could see the new place. Here are a whole bunch of pictures:

Kitchen


Front room

Bathroooooooom

Pantry/Storage closet

Bedroooooooooom

Office
We also planted a garden. We were excited to find out that we had space in the back to plant some stuff. So Bib went to the store bought some plants, fertilizer, and some other stuff and we spent the afternoon preparing the soil and planting. Neither of us have ever done our own gardens before, so this is going to be a good learning experience for us. We planted broccoli, squash, spinach, peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and probably some other stuff. Now, more pictures:

This is what the ground kinda looked like before we did anything to it.

Working the land.

Looking dashing.

Plants straight from the place where you buy plants.

Yellow Crookneck.

Garden, in it's final state.
Also, Bib bought me this plant to put on my desk. I named him Herbert.


Also Bib made this cool wreath for our front door.



1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I'm impressed with your speed at getting everything looking nice. We still have boxes laying around :)

    ReplyDelete