Sunday, May 13, 2012

I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my bike

Here is a song to listen to while you read the following post. I think it will get you in the mood for the post:


About a month ago I decided to get my old bike from my parents out because the weather is getting nicer and I just have had the itchin to get it out and ride it again. My dad and Derek did some work on it to get it back up to where it was and its been pretty good. For the past while Derek has also been on the market for a bike. Well, we've been checking DI and other places, no good bikes were ever really around. We went to one of the pond shops here in Cedar and Derek found the bike he wanted right off. It is a really nice bike thats value price is about $475. He got it for $100 and its in really great condition. He has really enjoyed riding it to school and other various places. We've gone on a few bike rides together and enjoyed the summer weather coming in.






Speaking of summer... its just around the corner for the both of us. Derek has been taking his may-mester class and has really enjoyed it. He has 2 more weeks left of that class. I also have 2 more weeks of school left and we are both looking forward to a well deserved summer break. We will still be pretty busy with work during the summer too but it will be nice to have some of our load off our plates. Derek is going to be working full time during the summer as well as take up mowing a few lawns. And I'll be teaching piano as usual and summer school twice a week through June and part of July. We are excited for the summer and some of our fun trips and plans we have set aside.

1 comment:

  1. We need to ride our bikes more...well the kids and Brian. I don't have one. I think about it occasionally but it seems pointless at this point in motherhood.

    Glad summer is almost here for you! You deserve a break :)

    ReplyDelete