Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Quilts, Moving, and More

I am finally getting around to updating our blog for the past week or so. It seems like every night the past couple weeks we have had some kind of project going on, out of town, or somewhere we needed to be which didn't allow me to update as quickly and kind of put us behind in our lives so we are just now catching up. Last week we decided to put up a quilt to tie for a new blanket for our bed (which is badly needed). It is a massive quilt. and very heavy. I have to finish binding it but we are excited to get it on the bed and start using it. Its very comfy. These are some of the pictures from us binding the quilt. Derek's parents let us borrow their living room, their quilting frames, and their help and we all quilted while watching a movie for Family Home Evening that night. We had a lot of fun and it got done pretty quick. 



The rest of the week was filled with the usual scheduled events that we have with meetings, work, and homework. 

I will say last Friday wasn't my luckiest day, and with my pregnancy hormones in full swing my emotions were getting the best of me most of the day. Friday afternoon I left work a little early to come into town and find my boss to let her know my decision that I would not be coming back to teach next year. It was a really rough decision that I have been trying to avoid because part of me really wants to stay at my dream job and keep working, but the other part of me (which is my gut feeling of the right thing to do) is to just stay home and be a mom to my new little baby coming soon. It is what I have always wanted to do and its a scary point in my life to move onto but we are so excited to start our family. It is a bitter-sweet feeling to leave the job that I have been so blessed to have. I was VERY emotional telling my boss my decision and then to make matters worse I got pulled over on the way to tell her which put me even more on edge. The officer I think felt badly too because as hard as I was trying to hold back my emotions it just wasn't working out well for me. He was very thoughtful and nice, but then he still gave me a ticket :(. I have taken traffic school online this week to try and get things fixed that way and now hopefully that will get put behind me. 

After calming myself down a bit and coming to grips with what I needed to do the rest of the day we got in the car and headed up with Derek's parents to Springville. We spent the weekend up there helping Derek's sister move into her families new temporary town home until their house is done being built. I didn't do much moving and lifting of heavy boxes, but we all sure did work hard packing things up and hauling things over to her new place. It was exhausting. Derek was even more exhausted than I because of all the heavy lifting involved. 

We got home Saturday night to clean things up a bit and get unpacked and then we were ready for another busy day Sunday with my moms big annual event...Her piano recitals. It may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but you won't understand until you have been to one of my moms piano recitals. There are two of them back to back and the refreshments afterwards is probably bigger than the refreshments served at my wedding reception. It is a big production that takes her and others over a week to prepare for with just the food. She has about 55 students and from setting up for the recital to taking down it was about an 8 hour event for our whole family to try and tackle. We did have fun and it was a success.




After moving family and being on our feet for 8 hours the next day helping with this huge event we were exhausted. We are still trying to fully recover but we are doing well and life is good. See you next week.


1 comment:

  1. Bib! Thanks so much for helping us move! You did so much and we were so grateful to have your and Deek's help. Hope you both are recovering! Loves!

    ReplyDelete