Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Picture Perfect Life...okay maybe not...But its a Dang Good Life

The past few weeks have been full of activities, holidays, parties, family events, summer lazy days (not many of those but a few), busy work filled days, etc. Instead of writing all about everything I decided to just upload a few pictures from all of these things and make little comments along the way instead of writing a novel about what we've been up to. So be prepared for a lot of pictures ahead... Here we go:

Sunday evening puzzle and ice cream after Sunday Family Dinner. 
We had my baby shower on the 20th and we had a lot of fun. Thanks for all of you who were able to make it and come support us in that. This was the wreath we had on the front door. I thought it turned out cute. If you can't see what the banner says on the bear it says Keatons name. 
Just some random decor at the shower (included is baby pictures of Derek and I all around the house)
The yummy food spread that we had. It was all sooo good. 
Some of my great friends/family that were able to come to the shower.
Some of the guesses of when/weight/height of Keaton when he comes. I hope some of these guess are off... but I would accept many of them. :)

More snap shots of some of the people at the shower
This was one of the only pictures I got of anyone alone with at the shower. It was so good to see so many friends and family that I haven't seen in a long time. I have been so blessed to have such great people in my life. 
I got so many nice gifts that were great! Thank you everyone!
We have had some crazy crazy rain here in Cedar City lately. This is after a big storm. All the streets were flooded. It was breaking records of rain at over 2 inches in just an hour. I love thunder/lightening/rain storms when they happen here in Cedar. :) They are so fun to watch.
Derek went yesterday on the Subway hike in Zion for the 2nd time this month. I think he is done hiking it for a bit. It gets a bit wearing when you do it more than once in a month. He had a lot of fun both times once with friends and once with family. Here are a few pictures from that hike. 



Because of all the rain here in Southern Utah the two days before Derek and the guys went to do the hike there were some flash floods in the canyon. They were totally fine and safe when they went yesterday but there was a lot of water that was there that wasn't there 3 weeks before. They had a lot of fun on the hike. 

Crafting time! Amanda and I are both expecting our babies in just over a month (crazy!) so we thought we would get crafty and make a few carseat covers for our babies coming. We had a lot of fun while doing it. :)
This is one of the ones I made for Keaton it has a bit lighter material for the warmer months...
And this one is a bit warmer with minky on the inside for colder months. Minky is one of the most frustrating materials to sew on and I'm not sure I want to do it ever again. But I did think they both turned out great. 
We started out the 24th of July by waking up early and going to my parents ward's breakfast. It was delicious and then we headed to the parade. Right before the parade started they kicked off the main street mile that most of my family ran. It was fun to watch all my nieces and nephews run it and they all had a lot of fun. Since I can't run that great right now at this point I was the picture gal.
After a LONG 24th of July parade (and it was very very hot and long) we headed over to the park to see what games were going on there. Dave was in front of a few of the kids races that were going on...here he is with his megaphone making sure everything is going smoothly.
As soon as we got home from a LONG AND HOT morning I just crashed when we got home. Derek took this picture of me all tuckered out after a long morning. After a good nap (which I've been needing a lot lately in this last trimester of pregnancy) we had the rest of the day to go to dinner with my parents and do some things around the house.
Deek got a new remote for his camera and he was practicing taking pictures with it as shown above in this picture. Silly guy. I thought this picture was funny. It looks like he is going to set off something very important that could maybe put the world in some serious danger. I just had to add this picture...

On the 25th of July started our 3 day reunion up the mountain at Deer Haven. We had a lot of fun. We didn't actually camp out this year because of me being really pregnant and all I needed a soft warm bed with my big large body pillow. But we drove up each morning early and home late each night. We had a lot of fun with family and extended family. Here are a few pictures from that. 



The above three pictures is pictures of the Candy Cannon that they put off several times a day. The kids loved it...and actually so did the adults. They stuff a bunch of candy/toys/etc. down the cannon and shot it off. And it went really high. All the kids caught the candy and it was a lot of fun.

Cute family that we got to spend the weekend with. 


On Sunday we were down in St George celebrating my niece/nephew birthday. We had a big dinner with a Ice Cream Sunday Bar and cupcakes. It was fun to be down there with everyone.

Other than all those many things listed above we have also been organizing and cleaning our house trying to get ready for this baby to come (less than 6 weeks now!) and Derek has been busy mowing lawns and keeping very very busy at work. In our spare time we also have been hanging out with friends and trying to do some quality bonding time with us as well on dates, etc. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment