Sunday, April 21, 2013

Relay for Life

We spent part of Friday night at the Relay for Life event. We both showed up for our t-shirts and registration, had the complimentary "survival dinner" ...I guess you would call it that, and then Derek walked the survivors lap. Its always fun to see him walk that lap and re-celebrate the fact that he is healthy and cancer free! We then continued to walk several laps and were able to see some friends and family and talk to them. Here are a few pictures from the event.

Walking the survivor lap
Letting go of the balloons
I love this guy... we are so happy he is happy and healthy.

Derek is frantically working this past week and this upcoming week to get all his assignments and projects  finished up. The semester is coming to a close very quickly and he is trying to keep his head above water with those things. This is his last week of classes and then he will have a few things on finals week. It will be good to have the semester over for him so that he can "relax" a bit. And when I mean relax a bit I just mean start working from 8-5 full time everyday. Summer is just around the corner and we are so excited.

I have also been frantically working on things for my online class as well as doing lots of paper work and IEP meetings at the school as the school year coming to an end. What a busy time of year... and time just flies. I am starting to slowly bring some things home from my classroom that I won't be needing for the rest of the year and clean things up there. It is weird to think that I am not going to be teaching next year. In order for me to be able to bring all these things home from my school - we need somewhere to store them... so we have been doing some serious spring cleaning and rearranging of the house to try and make room for school storage as well as a baby and all the things that come with a baby. I will share more about that sometime soon.

Life will calm down a bit when this semester is over and some of these big things start slowing down with my preschool. Until then, keep smiling and we will check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment